- I was watching television - that in itself is a pretty rare occurance.
- A commercial break started - Cue to go do something else, except this time I didn't.
- I saw a car advertisement - No matter. I'm not in the least bit interested by cars.
- ... for a Mitsubishi - Woah! Wait a minute! I AM interested by this one. It looks excellent!
- Ping! A light comes on somewhere in a dark and unused corner of my small brain. In Homer Simpson 'Duff Beer' voice I say to myself: "mmmm...car...must find out more..."
- I go to the computer, do a search and arrive at Mitsubishi website. Search for the model and...
- ...find that the page won't load because it needs some wizzy plugin that my completely up-to-date computer can't download for some reason.
- Try twice .... give up.
A classic example of how not to try to sell something on the web - make the website too complicated for its own good.